Saturday, August 9, 2008

Keepin it in the Family

This past Wednesday, Barby and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary! I can't believe we have already been married for twenty magical years. I guess that makes sense, because Moeisha is 21 years old. But, that story will have to be told another day. Today's blog is on the real story of how Barby and I met. I had just finished street pharmaceutical school and was home visiting the folks for the summer. So, unfortunately the parents dragged me to a family reunion that I didn't want to go to. I can't stand my relatives! They are the most inbred, incompetent, undignified people I know!! But, I went and hung out with the only two cousins I can stand. Zeb and Zeek (they are always together) they are my best friends for life, next to Gates.

Zeb and Zeek
We used to always play pranks on our younger cousin Little Willy Walton. He is such a dork! He always thought he was so good at basketball, and all he could ever talk about was Kareem Abdul Jabber, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird. Our favorite prank to play on him was to give him wedgies and hang him on the basketball rim by his underwear.

Little Willy Walton

So, as usual we were in the process of hazing Willy, and all of the sudden cousin Mose came running over and told us that his sister didn't want us to pick on Willy. I turned around and there she was! Greasy blond hair, pimply face, dirty poncho, hemp sandals, and braces. It was love at first sight!

Cousin Mose

Some might look down upon marrying your cousin, but it is a way of life in the Schrute family. In fact just about everyone from the days of our early ancestors has married a cousin, sister, half-sister, brother, uncle, aunt and even a couple of grandmas or grandpas. I would also say that about 95% of our pets are inbred! What a way of life! In fact many a cousin has been conceived either before or after our family reunions. In fact that is how Barby and I knew it was love. The pregnancy test told us so.

Cousin Gee-Tard

Overall our marriage has been a huge success. Our children are the cutest kids ever! We sure did luck out. However, Cousin Gee-tard was next on the list if things didn't work out for Barby and I. Just think how ugly those kids would look.....scary! As for Zeb and Zeek they never did get married. But they sure are together a lot, and spend a considerable amount of time in San Francisco............

No comments: